Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gone Country or Country Gone?

Who was the genius that came up with the idea of Ludicras and Jason Aldean rapping on a country music awards show? Point him out to me.....got a little something for him/her. It"s bad enough that I endure Christina and her outrageous behavior on The Voice in order to watch team Blake but THIS??? Somebody get me my pills because this country girl is having a spell (you know a hissy fit).

Justin, I got a news flash for you....that should not be you accepting a country music award. I don't mean to be ugly, Justin's okay, but let's face it, the boy ain't country.

I am a proud Sheryl Crow fan.I bought into the whole 40 is the new 20's thing. That philosophy worked till the hot flashes reminded me that thinking you're in your 20's doesn't make it true. I wanna soak up the sun as much as the next girl, on a beach, in a swimsuit, but on stage at an awards show I don't wanna see your drawers cause your skirts too short. Sheryl, you've got a nice pair of legs, they would've looked just as nice if you had about 10 more inches of skirt.

It was nice to see Wynonna and Shania Twain make an appearance. Wynonna has still got it! I caught Shania on Oprah the other day and was as impressed with her sincerity as I have been with her vocal talent. Do you believe she wrote and sent an email to the "other woman" begging her not to take her man (sounds like a country song)? She shared those details to remind people that we all have our pathetic moments. I just wanted to hug her when she slipped and fell on the show tonight. Don't be embarrassed, Shania. Sheryl wasn't and everybody saw her drawers.

I don't know what's going on in Nashville but I sure would like to. I can't figure out if everybody has gone country or if country's just gone. Is there a fabric shortage in Nashville that we haven't heard about? Is there a new secret club in town that requires members to wear their caps backwards? If y'all find out give me a call....the number is BR549. You're going to have to be over 40 to understand that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment