Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy Endings and Happier Beginnings

I just finished the McKettrick's trilogy by Linda Lael Miller. All three of which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm all about a good love story and when it's comes in the form of not one, not two, but three hunks who just happen to be wealthy cattle ranchers...it's all good.

Books have been my best friend for as long as I can remember. Want to know a secret? I rarely read books that are non fiction. Okay, I only read romance books or chick lit. I don't like books that are good for me in an intellectual...YAWN.. way. I read purely for entertainment. If I claim to have read a book that is educational, chances are I got the title from a of heroine in the latest trashy romance novel I'm enjoying. I love a smart heroine and sometimes I borrow things from one. Truth is I ain't all that bright but I like for people to think I am.

It's too bad that some romantic fiction books get a bum rap or that women and men who read them are embarrassed to admit it. What's wrong with a good old fashioned love story with a happy ending? Throw in a baby, a beach, a big bank account and I'm buying it and I don't care who knows it.

Too bad life isn't like a good book. We would never have to worry or be afraid of turning the page because each chapter brings us closer to the inevitable happy ending. Everybody knows a happy ending in a good book is really just the beginning. Take the McKettrick brothers....they're alive and well on the McKettrick ranch that LL Miller created for them and for me. Here's to happy endings and even happier beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment