Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Boys of Fall


Are you ready for some football???????
Apparently Kenny Chesney is and he's got a great new song to prove it. I admit it. I don't just like it .........I love it. Makes me feel like a teenager again every time I hear it. There was a certain feeling I got from going to the games in high school that I've never been able to recapture. I'm not sure if it was the game itself or the running back on the school team I was dating. I had finally given up on Donnie Osmond and my love life was back on track.

My boyfriend was a running back on the football team and my momma was not willing to provide transportation to the away games. Being the resourceful gal that I am I tried out and made the school drill team which guaranteed me a bus ride to and from all away games. Although the position on the team was in the beginning only a means to an end for me, I really enjoyed it. My drill team routines were getting better everyday and my romance was blossoming.

It was a great fall filled with practices, pep rallies, and football games. I performed with the band during half time shows and my boyfriend hustled for a first down during the game under the bright stadium lights. Life was good and love was in the air. Before long my boyfriend and I were going steady and I was wearing his class ring. I was positive that eventually I would be wearing his last name as well. There was no doubt in my mind that this time it was the real thing.
Football season ended as it always does and not long after so did the relationship with my football player. I survived another broken heart just one of many I was destined to experience. Had I known then what I know now I might have converted and become a nun.
I am still waiting on an offer from some cheesy movie producer to do a movie based on my love life. When the time comes and no doubt it will, I hope viewer's will have a large supply of Kleenex on hand. Until then grab your tissues and enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXDo5WhQXI "The Boys of Fall" courtesy of Kenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment