Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"50 BEFORE 50"


My 50th birthday is fast approaching. Don't feel bad for me.........I really don't mind. I have approxamietly 9-1/2 months until the big day and I fully intend to live each day to the fullest. That's where the "50 before 50" thing comes into play. I'm doing 50 things that are either important to me or that I have never done, before my 50th birthday.

Don't worry Deb and Rachael, skydiving is not on the list, never wanted to try it don't expect I ever will. I'm not exactly what you would call a risk taker. Nope,I'm a realist who wears her heart on her sleeve. I might mention that this is not going to be a bucket list kind of thing either, just a list of things that are do-able and personalized for me. Could get a little boring, so bear with me. I might throw in a shocker every now and then to keep you on your toes.

Have you ever heard a person say "I don't want to live to be that old?" Well, you've never heard me say it. I love living! Wanna do it for as long as I can. I just want to make the most of what is left of my 40's.

Okay, let's get this party started. Most of you know I'm a pretty patriotic person, thanks to my dad, which brings me to number 1 on my "50 before 50" list. I realized today that it's been a long time since I said the "Pledge of Allegiance" and really thought about what it means. Pretty pathetic, huh? Beginning tomorow and every morning for the next 7 days I will go outside, face the flag hanging from the front of our house and recite the "Pledge of Allegiance" with sincere consideration of the meaning of the words.

•I pledge allegiance - I promise my loyalty
•to the flag - to the symbol that stands to represent
•of the United States of America - each and every of the 50 states that form the united nation of America
•and to the republic - a country where people choose their representative to form the government and represent them
•for which it stands, one nation - the flag that stands for one country
•under God - there is one Supreme entity for every citizen
•indivisible - a country that cannot be divided
•with Liberty - complete freedom of life and living being given to the citizens
•and Justice - fair treatment being promised by the law of the land
•for all - for each and every citizen of the country.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this blog, however I always do. Very interesting. What is scary is that I'm not all that far behind you. Maybe I should start making me a list and hoping and praying I make 50. :)
    Oh and BTW, I really glad you aren't going skydiving!

    ReplyDelete