Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Forums, Blogs, and Opinions

Why blog? The question was posed recently on a local forum by my husband. He does enjoy a good prank and has been engaging in some foolishness on the Times Daily Forum. Hubby loves to get a rise out of some of the more intelligent posters on tdf (or at least they think they are more intelligent). It is so funny watching them try to rise above!! I read and wonder how long it will be before one of them bites when good ole JR goes fishing on tdf.


There are one or two in particular that my sweetie loves to aggravate. He tries to get under their skin any way he can and often succeeds. He really got a rise out of one of those guys by asking what the purpose of a blog was and included some very unflattering remarks about blogs. Shame on you, Mark. If you don't like it .......don't read it. That includes mine or any other.

This resulted in the offended party retaliating by posting a blog today devoted to Mark's post on the tdf. It was apparent he did extensive research on the definition of a blog. Gotta love wikipedia. His blog was looking good until he proceeded to make fun of my husband's spelling and typing. Then he wondered in his blog about my husband's ability to procreate. Our children are proof that he is. Quite frankly, I would venture to say that our children are likely as successful if not more successful than the children of the author of the abhorrent statement. It is offensive that a grown man feels the need to include distasteful and off color remarks directed toward the children of his cyber enemy in what would be an otherwise decent blog.

Now back to the question posed concerning the purpose of a blog. I'm not going to consult with wikipedia or anyone else for that matter. I blog for three reasons (1) I enjoy it (2) I like the idea of leaving a written account of stories from my life for my children and grandchildren. I would love to have something similar from my dad or grandparents. (3) I often include stories or thoughts about family members who have passed. I don't want them to be forgotten.

As for the bickering and aggravating on the forum. It is a huge waste of time. I have been there and done that. Everybody stays busy trying to one up everyone else. I can sum it all up right here. Let's see.......There is a God. Obama is a terrible president. There is nothing either beautiful or fashionable about Michelle. Glen Beck is a crybaby. Gary Dobbs may or may not have run a red light (I wasn't there so I don't know). The Shoals is a great place to live....bad drivers, senior citizens, and all. Of course, these are just my opinions. I'm sure you have yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment