Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cycle of Life..........Wash, Spin and Rinse


Deepak Chopra says,“There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.”
I have wandered aimlessly for 40 sumthin, sumthin years not knowing exactly where I fit in the giant jigsaw puzzle of life. Was I a corner piece? Did I proudly line the edge keeping other puzzle pieces from losing their place in life's big puzzle? Or was I one of those less important pieces that tends to get lost in the landscape surrounding the focal point of the puzzle? I think for a while I was one of those difficult pieces worn around the edges from being forced into the wrong position in the universal puzzle where I did not belong.
Today I came to a stark realization as I loaded the washing machine for the third time before heading out the door to go to work. A revelation...an inner peace..........years of soul searching and it all comes down to something so simple, so minuscule yet so necessary. My purpose in life is laundry, loads and loads of glorious laundry. "That's what it's been about all along," I told myself as I proudly marched though the house with laundry basket perched upon my bony hip gathering soiled clothing, wet towels, bed sheets, anything in need of wash, rinse and dry.
I am blessed in that my life's purpose shall never end. As long as there is life there will be laundry. I vowed to meet each and every load with a bottle of Gain (unless Tide is on sale) and a box of Bounce( or store brand) fabric softener. I will wash, dry and fold every article of clothing that might find it's way into my laundry basket. I will fill drawers, linen closets and cabinets with clean clothes, sheets, and towels.
I won't iron, though. I have to draw the line somewhere with this whole purpose and puzzle thing.

1 comment:

  1. Great topic! When you get done being laundry queen, come over here and we will crown you too!

    ReplyDelete