Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kassidy

I was excited to share my blog with two of my granddaughters. Caraline, the younger of the two, was more concerned with how many Bratz dolls she would buy on our shopping expedition in Huntsville today. Kassidy was curious about blogging and more importantly my blog.

" What do you write?" about she asked.
"Anything I want to," I replied, feeling like an expert after making a grand total of 2 post.
"Will you write about me?" she asked.

This is my humble attempt to write about my sweet, sweet Kassidy Nicole. I wish I could say that I look at her and see a younger version of myself but that would just be an outright lie. The truth is she is our very own Mini Martha ( her paternal grandmother is the original Martha). Gran Martha is a beauty and at 50 something could very easily pass for 30 something which leads me to quote another Martha (Stewart) by saying, "This is a good thing."

You have to look a little deeper to see me in Kassidy. I see it in her art and her poems. She has a creative genius that far surpasses any abilities that I have but I like to think she got some of it from me. I am eager to see the success that awaits her as she grows into adulthood. I am certain she will be a famous author or artist, perhaps both. Wherever life takes her she will take a part of me and a part of Gran with her. The best of the both of us.

The art in my blog today is from Kassidy's portofolio.

One last addition for my Kassidy blog. She did ask that I make mention of the fact that she had her braces removed yesterday and Gran Martha had hers put on today. They are both beautiful with or without braces.

5 comments:

  1. How old is Kassidy? "Kassidy" is one of my favorite names. Her artwork is beautiful. How did she do it? Is it a painting, oil, acrylic, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im 13. And thanks:) I used colored chalk.

    ReplyDelete